We are experienced in drinking and driving offenses and are committed to giving you the best possible outcome.
Michigan DUI Laws
- First Offense: License suspension of us to 6 months; fines ranging from $100 to $500; and possible jail time of up to 93 days.
- Second Offense: License suspension of at least 1 year; fines ranging from $200 to $1,000; and possible jail time ranging from 5 days to 1 year or 90 days of community service.
- Third Offense: License suspension of at least 1 year; fines ranging from $200 to $1,000; and possible jail time ranging from 30 days to 5 years.
- 77 days after an arrest a verdict must be decided upon by a court.
- A $125 fee if a license has been suspended, revoked, or restricted.
- Court-ordered participation in rehabilitation
Know Your Rights
- You are not required to take a field sobriety test
- You do not have to admit that you have consumed alcohol
- You can request to have the stop recorded
In addition, it is crucial that you exercise your 5th amendment right to remain silent. This will help ensure that there is no further incriminating evidence is against you. In addition, be sure to contact an attorney as soon as possible. Not only will they be better able to protect you, but this will delay any questioning that may occur.