A charge of homicide (Murder) can be devastating, confusing, and emotionally damaging. DO NOT handle it alone. Allow Martin Foldie Law to fight for your freedom and your family. Our trusted firm is invested in your interests and will fight hard to get you the best possible outcome.
First Degree Murder
First Degree murder is the most severe charge in our legal system that can be leveled against you. A conviction of First Degree Murder REQUIRES a judge to sentence a defendant to ‘Life in Prison’ without parole. This is why Martin Foldie Law will aggressively fight to defend your freedom.
In order to successfully prosecute a first degree murder charge, the prosecution must prove:
- The accused murderer must have committed the act with purposeful intent.
- The accused murderer must have weighed their options and actively decided to commit the homocide.
- The accused murderer must have decided to carry out the homocide before committing the actual act.
- Breaking and Entering
- Sexual Assault
Second Degree Murder
While first degree murder is thoroughly and precisely defined, what falls under the guise of second degree murder can vary, filling the gap between first degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. Because the cases and charges can vary, second degree murder charges often prove more stressful and devastating than first degree murder charges.
- Impulsively, but with violence in mind.
- Unintentional killing as a result of bodily harm.
- Committed unintentionally as a result of a violent crime not covered in potential first degree murder charges.