When considering a restraining order, it’s important to understand the legal process and method to obtaining one. Your safety and well-being are our top priority at Martin Foldie Law, and we will do everything in our power to ensure that you are fully protected by the law.
Type of PPO’s
There are two distinct types of PPOs that you can apply for in Michigan depending upon your relationship with the intrusive individual.
- Approaching you at home or at work
- Confronting you either in private or in a public area
- Delivering or placing objects onto your property
- Entering your property
- Following you
- Sending you messages through text, mail, or e-mail
- Owning a gun
- Other specified behavior not included in this list
- In addition to the behavior listed in the domestic relationship segment, a stalking PPO can also prohibit contact via social media or any other type of cyberbullying.
- Sexual Assault
- In addition to the behavior listed in the domestic relationship segment and the stalking PPO, a sexual assault PPO also prohibits violent threats to you or a person close to you.